Venue: the Minnesota Women’s Building, 550 Rice St., St. Paul, 55103 (map)
Deadline for submissions: November 4, 2011 (see below for email, mail & delivery options)
Notification: Artists will be notified of acceptance and show dates the week of November 22nd, at the latest.
WARM is accepting submissions for a series of exhibits of two-dimensional art at the Minnesota Women’s Building in St. Paul. Exhibitions will be of six weeks duration, with two or three artists participating in each show. Artists will be selected by the WARM Exhibitions Committee. Every effort is made to pair up artists whose work complements each other and to select outstanding artwork from members who demonstrate a well-developed, cohesive body of work. This is a large building with lots of interior spaces in halls, offices and conference rooms. Applicants should have 10-20 artworks minimum that will be ready to show (framed, glazed or stretched canvas, wired with hangers). New or renewing membership can be purchased on the Membership page at the WARM website in order to be eligible for this exhibition opportunity.
Artist Responsibilities: Submitting artists must be WARM members and agree to a 30% commission from any sales going to WARM. The artists in each show are responsible for the cost of reception refreshments and the printing and mailing of postcards to the WARM mailing list, as well as their own mailing list. Artworks are on display at the artist’s own risk.
WARM support: The Exhibition Committee assists with installation and the reception. Assistance with postcard design and social media/web marketing is also available.
2012 Show Dates: You must include a list of which of these dates work for you in your application. The more dates you list open, the more likely we will be able to include you in this round of exhibits.
January 23 – March 2
March 12 – April 20
April 30 – June 8
June 18 – July 27
August 6 – September 14
September 24 – November 2
November 12 – January 4
To submit, please send:
- A cover letter with contact information and a list of which of the above-listed show dates you are available to exhibit. Check your calendars carefully and check all available dates.
- 10 digital images on a disc (no slides). Save your images as TIF or JPG files. File size should be no larger than 1920 pixels in either direction at 72 dpi. Images will be viewed by the committee on a computer screen. If you have questions about this contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Image list with title, size, date, medium, any special hanging/installation requirements.
- Artist’s Statement (one page maximum).
- Résumé or Bio (two pages maximum).
Submission options: Physical submission materials will not be returned to the artist.
- Digital submissions can be emailed to email@example.com with files included as attachments.
- Mail entry CD with all files and accompanying printed documents to: WARM, 550 Rice St., St. Paul, MN 55103 for receipt no later than November 4, 2011.
- Deliver in person to the Women’s Building during the opening reception for the final 2011 WARM show at the Women’s Building on the evening of November 4th between 5 and 8pm.