CALL FOR ART
NEW Submission Information and Guidelines
The Art-A-Whirl® Silent Auction Fundraiser in the Northrup King Building’s 3rd Floor Gallery has become NEMAA’s most important fundraiser of the year, typically selling over 75% of all art donated. This is also a great promotional tool for artists to reach out to thousands of visitors during the event. In addition to your name, artwork title, and medium, we will include your Art-A-Whirl® location on the label next to your artwork. We will also provide you with the buyer’s contact information (unless anonymity is requested). Proceeds from this fundraiser will be used to support Art-A-Whirl® and NEMAA’s work in promoting our members and connecting the community to art and artists. We need your support to make this event a success – please consider donating one piece of artwork (members may choose to donate 50% or 100% of art sale). Click here to view/download a pdf of the guidelines.
Pre-Registration for the Art-A-Whirl® silent auction is required. Please fill out all sections of the Art-A-Whirl Silent Auction Registration form and submit by Midnight Thursday, April 28, 2016. NEMAA will close this form if response vastly exceeds capacity.
NEW THIS YEAR! ONLINE BIDDING
In addition to hosting the silent auction in the third floor gallery space at Northrup King, the NEMAA silent auction will be online. Bidders will be able to register and view the auction remotely and bid via computer and mobile device as well as in person. After artwork drop-off on Saturday, professional photographer Steve Ozone will take one representational shot of each artwork piece submitted to accompany the online auction listing. We anticipate a large bump in the numbers of people viewing work due to the accessible nature of the online bidding platform and the new Art-A-Whirl® App, so put your best foot forward!
Art Drop Off: Saturday, April 30 – NOON to 4:00 PM
*NO EARLY OR LATE DROP OFFS OR PICK UPS CAN BE ACCOMMODATED.
Questions? Contact the Silent Auction Installation Intern at email@example.com or call 612-788-1679.
- Pre-registration is required. Since this is the first time we will require pre-registration, we will hold some spots for walk-ins on the drop-off date of Saturday, April 30th if pre-registration has not been exceeded.
- Individual Artist or Professional Art Gallery NEMAA Members are eligible to submit one piece of artwork per member.
- Due to space limitation, artwork will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis from the registration sign-up.
- Artwork must be dropped off Saturday, April 30 – NOON to 4:00 PM and picked up during times below (if your artwork does not sell). If you cannot make it during these times, please have someone drop off or pick up for you and provide them with the following info: artist name, artwork title, medium, value, starting bid amount, Art-A-Whirl location, and home address. Late/early drop off and pick up will not be accepted. No exceptions can be made.
- NEMAA will not be providing artwork insurance. Artists may provide their own artwork insurance if so desired.
- For security reasons, NEMAA will ask you or your designated pick-up person to sign out your artwork (if not sold) during artwork pick up. Therefore, early or late pick up of artwork will not be accommodated.
- 2D and 3D artwork of all mediums accepted.
- Artwork dimensions, maximum sizes: 2D work: 4’ (48”) wide, 4’ (48”) tall. 3D work: base or width no larger than 3’. If your artwork is slightly larger than the sizes stated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org first to request permission, as we have limited wall space.
- Artwork must be finished and dry, and either framed or on gallery-wrapped canvas. Please make sure artwork is presentable and ready for sale – please replace or fix scratched/scuffed glass or Plexiglas, etc.
- Art must be READY TO HANG with wire or other sturdy hanging hardware on the back (wire must hang from nail at least two inches below the top of the frame). Anything not ready to hang will be turned away. Please consider that the presentation of your artwork (framing and hanging), is extremely important to buyers and bidders.
- Please include a tag taped on the back of your artwork with your name and phone number.
- We have a limited number of pedestals. If you have a pedestal or display stand for your artwork for us to use during the auction – please bring it. Thank you for your cooperation, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
- Artists may choose to donate 50% or 100% of proceeds from their artwork to NEMAA. Artists must let us know on the registration sheet during artwork drop off.
- Artists may also decide on the starting bid amount for their artwork.
- NEMAA will handle artwork sales, and will retain either 50% or 100% of proceeds (based on artist’s preference).
- NEMAA will mail payment to Artist within three weeks of the exhibit/auction closing along with buyer information.
- Bidding will end at 3:00 PM on Sunday May 22, at which point silent auction winning bidders will be contacted. Buyers will be responsible for picking up and paying for the item/artwork they have won.
- We will ONLY call artist members whose work did NOT sell. Two dates are available for artwork pick up:
NEMAA’s Silent Auction will be open during the Preview Party on May 6 from 6-9 PM, and during Art-A-Whirl, May 20-22, 2016.
SAVE THE DATE! NEMAA members, sponsors, volunteers, supporters, and partners are invited to the Preview Party on Friday, May 6 from 6:00 – 9:00 PM (Please note this year the Preview Party is TWO weekends prior to Art-A-Whirl). Mingle with a fabulous crowd, check out and bid on the artwork, sample delicious hors d’ oeuvres from Red Stag Supperclub, and enjoy wine, Indeed beer, cocktails courtesy of Aviv Vodka, and festive music from KFAI DJ’s.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 612-788-1679.