Tweed Museum of Art (U of MN Duluth) current exhibitions and upcoming events
More Calls from Robbie at Lanesboro Arts:
“Call for Three-Dimensional Artwork at the University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas Department of Art History is pleased to announce an open call for entries to our Spring 2016 show, “In Their Element: Artists Inspired by Earth, Air, Water, and Fire.”
The Spring 2016 exhibition is staged in conjunction with the Department of Art History’s 2015-2016 speaker series and exhibition theme: Art and Contemplation. Submissions that treat the contemplative nature of the theme are strongly encouraged and should reflect at least one of the four elements – earth, air, water, and fire. Artists working in three-dimensional mediums – glass, metalwork, ceramics, or other – are welcome to submit up to three entries for selection by jury.
- Artworks must be no larger than 20-24 inches by 30-84 inches. (Selected works will be placed in display cases.)
- Please submit high quality, jpeg images with a resolution of at least 150 PPI of each work, along with a brief description of materials in .doc or .pdf format by November 25, 2015 to USTexhibits@gmail.com
- Files should be labeled with the artist’s last name and work’s title (lastname_title.jpg).
- The jury selection will be announced by December 4, 2015.
- No phone calls please, all communication will be handled via email.”
Here are some up and coming artist opportunities I received from Crossings on Carnegie. Please contact them directly with any questions.
Emerging Artists Exhibit . Jan 2 – Feb 13, 2016 Crossings at Carnegie in Zumbrota, MN. submission deadline November 25, 2015
contact info www.crossingsatcarnegie.com
Poet Artist Collaboration XV March 21, 2016 – April 16, 2016 Crossings at Carnegie in Zumbrota, MN. deadline January 13, 2016 contact info email@example.com”