The WARM Mentor Program provides:
- An individualized approach to artistic growth. Each protégée directs the process of selecting her mentor, identifying her goals with the mentor’s help, and tracking her progress.
- A firm foundation upon which to build an ongoing professional support system.
- Workshops on career development issues for artists, such as exhibiting, finances, and developing peer critique groups.
- Training in the Critical Response method of obtaining feedback on art work.
- A professional exhibit opportunity at a public venue and other pop-up exhibition opportunities.
Two years in the WARM Mentor Program delivers!
Mentors have seen these results in protégées by the time of the final exhibition: Protégées will
• Feel confident of skills
• Begin to read professional journals, join other organizations, form support groups, and take new courses to upgrade skills
• Develop comfort in more than one media
• Have image documentation, a current artist statement and an artist resume
• Have consistent sketchbook or journal documentation and strengthen the ability to record ideas over time
• Are prepared to write grants;begin to prioritize studio time
• Have a multimedia online presence
• Know that art is never rote or repetitive–work always calls upon creativity
• Function as a contemporary visual historian; art will draw on mainstream art history.
• Show visible movement towards professionalism Be able to have a civilized disagreement
• Develop understanding of monetary value of the work, the outcome, and ask for that without apology!
• Begin to understand that whether you win or lose, you do not stop working!
For general information and our fall 2017 events, check our main page here